6/25/2014

Thrilling Suspense...Heartfelt Romance

CRITICAL DIAGNOSIS
Love Inspired Suspense
Harlequin

HER PERSONAL PROTECTOR 

Researcher Dr. Lily McAllister has dedicated her life to finding a cure for a family disease and now, steps away from a promising new treatment, Lily is attacked. Only the training of army physician James O'Reilly can save her. As the would-be CEO of his family's pharmaceutical company, James's secret dream is to reenlist. But he can't leave Lily with a bull's-eye on her back. Nor can he stay and stop her from pursuing her goal. No one can, including the stalker who shadows her every move. Still, James has lost too many people he's loved—and this time he refuses to lose Lily.

Read a little, Buy the book


 ALISON STONE left Buffalo, New York and headed a thousand miles south to earn an industrial engineering degree at Georgia Tech in Hotlanta. Go Yellow Jackets! She loved the South, but true love brought her back North.

After the birth of her second child, Alison left Corporate America for full-time motherhood. She credits an advertisement for writing children's books for sparking her interest in writing. She never did complete a children's book, but she did have success writing articles for local publications before finding her true calling, writing romantic suspense.

Alison lives in Western New York with her husband of twenty years and their four children where the summers are absolutely gorgeous and the winters are perfect for curling up with a good book--or writing one. Besides writing, Alison keeps busy volunteering at her children's schools, driving her girls to dance, and watching her boys race motocross.

PURSING THE ANSWERS
ANGI: What’s the first book you remember reading? 
ALISON: I’m embarrassed to admit that I wasn’t a big reader as a child. I  didn’t discovered the joy of getting lost in a story until after I graduated from college. I was very studious, but reading only included text books and required reading. However, I do remember receiving a book for Christmas from my mom when I was maybe twelve. The main character’s name was Alison (spelled the same and everything!) She was teenage athlete and she was in a boating accident and suddenly couldn’t compete because she broke her leg. Hmmm? I can still see the cover, but I can’t recall the title. I wonder if I still have it packed away somewhere. Other books I remember reading (but not my first books) were by Judy Blume, specifically Forever. I must have been in seventh or eighth grade. It was my first experience reading about sex in a book. It made an expression. Forever was pulled from our little Catholic school library after our teacher, Sister Melanie, read it. I can still see her pinched expression as she made the announcement. My re-discovery of a good romance would have to wait until after college graduation when I finally put aside text books and studying for the pure enjoyment of reading.

ANGI: What’s your favorite fairy tale?
ALISON: I love all variations of Cinderella. It’s fun how Hollywood has done a gazillion movies on the theme. One of my favorite is Hillary Duff in Cinderella Story. (Can you tell I have young daughters?)

ANGI: Where do you read and how often?
ALISON: I read most nights curled up in my bed with my Kindle until I can’t keep my eyes open. In the summer, I also love to read on my back patio while supervising the kids in the pool. When I go on vacation, I love, love, love to read on the deck overlooking the ocean. I always say a perfect retirement would involve a book, a deck and the ocean.

ANGI: What sound or noise do you love?
ALISON: I absolutely love the sound of waves crashing onto the beach. (You might have guessed that from my last answer.) My ideal vacation is renting a condo on the ocean. Falling asleep and waking up to the ocean is heaven.

ANGI: Fairy Tale or Action Adventure?
ALISON: Action Adventure. I tend to gravitate toward reading romantic suspense. I love the danger and the romance combined.
FAVORITE WRITING SPOT

ANGI: What was the first story you remember writing?
ALISON: When I first started writing, I targeted the children’s market. At the time, I was a new mother. I remember writing a story about a boy who wanted to buy a stroller with big wheels for his little brother, but when he went back to the store to buy it, it was already sold. Ohhh…conflict!  I believe the short story was titled “Boom buggy, doom buggy.”  Surprisingly, it didn’t sell. LOL. I soon realized my talents didn’t lie in writing for toddlers.

ANGI: What’s your favorite movie of all time?
ALISON: One of my favorite movies is Dirty Dancing. I will stop channel surfing every time it comes on TV. There’s something about the “coming of age” of a young woman and the sexy older man.

ANGI: What is your biggest vice?
ALISON: My biggest vice is procrastination which usually involves surfing the web. I am working hard to break this habit. But on the bright side, I’m usually well versed in current events. Oh, and I also stumble upon great story ideas. So, it’s not all bad.

ANGI’S GOTTA ASK: Hey Alison, you live in New York. What's your most favorite thing to do in your state?

ALISON's GOTTA ANSWER: I live in Western New York, outside of Buffalo, NY and close to Niagara Falls. Every time we have an out of town visitor, we visit the Falls. I highly recommend it. However, since I live here, my favorite thing to do this time of year is sit on my patio and read. I’m wild like that. We have the most beautiful summers. 

FIND ALISON:
Contact  Website    Facebook  Twitter  @Alison_Stone

UP NEXT for ALISON
SILVER LAKE SECRETS
available for pre-order
 
PREVIOUS RELEASES by ALISON: .
PLAIN PURSUIT
Read a little, Buy the book

TOO CLOSE TO HOME
Read a little, Buy the book

RANDOM ACTS
Read a little, Buy the book

ALISON is giving away a digital copy of Plain Pursuit from Amazon or Barnes and Noble/winners choice.  North America Readers 

Note: COMMENTERS are encouraged to leave a contact email address to speed the prize notification process. Offer void where prohibited. Prizes will be mailed to North America addresses only unless specifically mentioned in the post. Odds of winning vary due to the number of entrants. Winners of drawings are responsible for checking this site in a timely manner. If prizes are not claimed in a timely manner, the author may not have a prize available. Get Lost In A Story cannot be responsible for an author's failure to mail the listed prize. GLIAS does not automatically pass email addresses to guest authors unless the commenter publicly posts their email address.

 ANGI'S back next Tuesday with
ANNA SUGDEN
UP NEXT ON GLIAS:  Rhonda Garcia
Get Lost on Goodreads, Facebook
or @GetLostInAStory  #GetLostStories


ALISON WANTS TO KNOW: What book has lingered in your memory?

12 comments:

  1. Thanks for inviting me to visit, Angi. I'd love to hear what books readers absolutely loved and stuck with them for a long time. I figure I'll have some extra reading time this summer sitting poolside.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congrats on your book! :)

    For me, it's Princess Bride. I love the movie but the book is super fun too. :) I thought that it's funny and romantic at the same time. There's also the classic Gone with the Wind. Scarlett is terrific.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I've watched both Princess Bride and Gone with the Wind. Maybe it's time I picked up the books! :) Thanks for stopping by, May.

      Delete
  3. Hi, Alison and welcome to GLIAS! My longtime favorite book is Rebecca by Daphne du Maurier. I read it at age 13 which launched me into reading more adult books. At 14, I began reading romance. At an older age, I discovered Dick Francis' mysteries and gobbled them like candy. That solidified me wanting to write but it took me a long time to have the courage to do so.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you for the warm welcome, Vicki. I love Rebecca, too. Love the dark, gothic feel. It also took me a long time to get up the courage to write.

      Delete
  4. Welcome Alison !! Not that the books themselves made a lasting impression, but Barbara Cartland's Mills & Boons made me love Hsppily Ever Afters. I'd always had a kove of writing. So the combination led to a dream and reality of writing romance.
    ~Angi

    ReplyDelete
  5. Welcome, Alison! Good to have you with us today! :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. I periodically read and watch Pride and Prejudice. I enjoy the romance and the family relationships.
    mce1011 AT aol DOT com

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I also enjoy books with family relationships. It adds to the story. Thanks for stopping by.

      Delete
  7. pride and prejudice

    bn100candg at hotmail dot com

    ReplyDelete
  8. Maureen,
    Congrats you won a copy of Plain Pursuit! I'll contact you at the e-mail you provided above.

    Thanks everyone for stopping by.

    ReplyDelete